[Icecast-dev] Compile Icecast under different name & file path / Icecast Error Logging

Glenn Cooper glenn at mychoons.com
Mon Dec 14 03:53:12 PST 2015

Hi,

I've been recently extending Icecast 2.4.x for Centos 6 on my home
machine, and now ready for publishing this to my server for testing on a
selected number of stations.

Just two questions, I currently have over 250 stations currently running
on the server which I don't want to disrupt with this new binary. How
would I update the ./configure script to install my new Icecast under a
different binary name, not affecting the current installation?

Secondly, I can remember seeing different "levels" of logging somewhere,
and for the sake of testing I would need the logging to be set to the
highest possible for debug purposes, can someone direct me in the right
direction,

Thanks in advance,

Glenn