[Icecast-dev] Icecast stats.xml

Roger Hågensen rescator at emsai.net
Thu Nov 13 17:42:43 PST 2014

On 2014-11-13 09:16, "Thomas B. Rücker" wrote:
> Hi Geoff,
>
> On 11/13/2014 07:59 AM, Geoff Shang wrote:
>> On Thu, 13 Nov 2014, Roger Hågensen wrote:
>>
>>> Shoutcast v1, Shoutcast v2, Icecast-KH are all "compatible" with the
>>> way info is collected by StreamLicensing.
>> It's not really clear to me what you're looking for in terms of
>> specific stats.
> There's an earlier thread, this message somehow detached from threading,
> at least for me.

I forwarded this mail to Marvin at StreamLicensing, and I told him that
he might want to join the mailinglist to pursue this matter further.

Me acting as a middleman is impractical in the long run (like forgetting
to forward a mail and letting it collect dust for example).
So hopefully he or another direct representative will pop up in the future.

Personally I still think it's important that Icecast 2 can provide the
same stats as Shoutcast v1, Shoutcast v2 and Icecast-KH does "out of the
box". (maybe add it for Icecast 2.4.x or 2.5.0?)

And in the long run a proper low load stats API/login for royalty
collector purposes could be implemented (Icecast 2.5? 2.6? 2.7? 3.0 ?)
for the long run as suggested earlier by whomever it was (sorry I forgot).
Todays "hammering" once every minute or so is not the best design (being
a programmer I'm well aware of that).
I'm sure even SoundExchange and the acronyms out there would not mind
standardizing some of the info presented (to allow accurate geographical
stats that still respect privacy) if it means they'll get even more
accurate data than currently.

--
Roger "Rescator" Hågensen.
Freelancer - http://www.EmSai.net/