[Icecast-dev] Icecast stats.xml

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas at ruecker.fi
Thu Nov 13 00:16:23 PST 2014

Hi Geoff,

On 11/13/2014 07:59 AM, Geoff Shang wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Nov 2014, Roger Hågensen wrote:
>
>> Shoutcast v1, Shoutcast v2, Icecast-KH are all "compatible" with the
>> way info is collected by StreamLicensing.
>
> It's not really clear to me what you're looking for in terms of
> specific stats.

There's an earlier thread, this message somehow detached from threading,
at least for me.

> You should be able to get any of the stats you want, in any format you
> want, by using XSL templates. This is a bit technical but can be done.
> I once came up with a template to mimic Shoutcast 1's 7.html which
> worked quite nicely (I don't have access to this right now).

There are a couple of things that this particular licensing broker wants
that are not in the general /admin/stats XML document, which is used for
XSLT files in the web directory.
IMHO it would already now be possible to gather the data, it's just that
the licensing broker doesn't bother to figure it out and demands an
easily digestible one URL solution. For other reasons we might humor
this, but unless someone wants to throw some money at it, it will happen
in the regular development cycle at free time pace.

> I also understand that it's meant to be possible to secure these
> things with Icecast's authentication mechanisms, but I've never
> managed to figure out how to do it and asking has not had any responses.

If it's just xslt files you can wrap them in the config by a
<mount><mount-name>/custom.xsl</mount-name><authentication>…</authentication></mount>.
It's a bit counter intuitive to define a mount for a XSLT, but that's
how icecast mechanics work.

We'll be working on those things, but right now getting 2.4.1 out the
door with some important bug fixes is priority 1. I will be replying to
the original thread once the release has happened.

Cheers

Thomas