[Icecast-dev] Icecast Release 2.4.0 Webm /Opus Support

Basil Mohamed Gohar basilgohar at librevideo.org
Thu Jun 5 03:12:38 PDT 2014

Marc,

Streaming from a Linux-based desktop is really simple, because you can
use the aforementioned pieces of software easily (i.e., ffmpeg, VLC) as
well as gstreamer, which I've used to stream my own webcam to my own
Icecast server.

As for doing that from Windows, yes, VLC is probably going to work, but
I am not sure the quality of their WebM streaming setup, as I've not
tried that yet.  But yes, it should technically be possible to use VLC
to stream a live WebM video to an Icecast server.

On 06/05/2014 05:58 AM, Marc wrote:
> Hello its me again :-P
>
> hope its appropriate to ask every 2 years if there is a simple method to
> stream a " live" Video stream
> via icecast2.
>
> I tryed rtmpd.com with Adobe Livemedia encoder with jplayer embeding
> into webpage and it worked fine, but my goal is to use icecast.
>
> From what i understand VCL or ffmpeg is the common method to stream
> video to a icecast2 server
> are there any howtoos or blogposts, because there is silence in the
> http://icecast.imux.net forum aswell.
> The 3rd party clientlist are audio only clients ?
>
> http://www.icecast.org/3rdparty.php
>
> Appreciate any link or helpfull information
> greetings
>

> P.S. Would be great if there is a software for win7 my server is ubuntu
> 10.4 though :(
>
> --
> Marc Manthey
> 50823 Köln, germany
> Vogelsangerstr.97
> phone : 0049-221-29891489
> mobile: 0049-1577-3329231
> Fingerprint: B045 9750 C2CB 06C3 3782 A264 A47F 3645 0E19 8512
> Website: http://let.de
> Twitter: https://twitter.com/macbroadcast
> Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/opencu
> Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/macbroadcast