[Icecast-dev] Icecast 2.4 beta4 memory leak

v_2e at ukr.net v_2e at ukr.net
Sun Jan 26 15:15:42 PST 2014

  Hello!
  I started the IceCast using Valgrind, just like you suggested before.
  It started with ~37MB of residend memory used by the Valgrind process
and then started to grow steadily after the IceS stream start.
  I waited till the memory used by Valgrind reached ~79MB and stopped
the IceS stream. The Valgrind memory usage also stopped to grow. I
waited for several hours and checked the memory again. It showed only a
negligible memory usage growth.
  So one may conclude that the Icecast memory usage grows ONLY when
some IceS stream is connected to it. I don't know whether it is
relevant or not, but it also seems to be not dependent  on the client
connections to the Icecast server.

  Here is the full Valgrind log: https://gist.github.com/8640648

  I hope it helps to trace the origin of the problem.

  Regards,
    Vladimir

-----
 <v_2e at ukr.net>