[Icecast-dev] Possible memory leak in Icecast-2.4-beta3

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas at ruecker.fi
Sun Oct 27 01:33:06 PDT 2013

Hi,

thanks for your report!

On 10/25/2013 04:25 PM, v_2e at ukr.net wrote:
>   Hello!
>   Recently I installed Icecast 2.4beta3 on my broadcasting server,
> since I needed the OPUS codec support.
>   Since then I noticed that I experience some problems with free memory
> from time to time. After studying the memory usage graphs for my
> server, I decided to test the new Icecast for a possible memory leak.
>   The result is shown in the attached figure.
>   It turns out that Icecast gradually increases its memory use while
> playing. So I decided to report it as a possible memory leak indication.

Can you tell us a bit more about the system you're running Icecast on?
Which distribution is it? Which release? Did you compile from source or
used a package?

Would you have the possibility to run a non-stripped Icecast binary
under Valgrind? That usually pinpoints memory leaks fairly well.

Cheers

Thomas

PS: Please consider signing up to the mailing list to avoid getting
stuck in the moderation filter.