[Icecast-dev] .htaccess or what to name, and where to put the mime types files

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas at ruecker.fi
Mon Oct 21 22:03:50 PDT 2013

Hi Scott,

On 10/22/2013 03:58 AM, Scott Winterstein wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 7:33 PM, "Thomas B. Rücker" <thomas at ruecker.fi> wrote:
>> On 10/21/2013 04:27 PM, Yaniv Sharon wrote:
>>> Hi Thomas,
>>>
>>> So you can tell where to locate the files " mime.types " and "
>>> crossdomain.xml " for the icecast-2.3.99.3 [win32] ?
>> My initial answer remains valid when it comes to crossdomain.xml:

>> The webroot by default is in "share\icecast\web" on a windows build.
>>

>> Also I've done a quick sanity check on the win32 build and do not see
>> yet why a mime.types file would be strictly necessary. Why do you think
>> it is necessary? Is there some problem you are experiencing?
>>

>> TBR
>>
>>> Thnx!

Your issue has absolutely nothing to do with mime types in my opinion.
Even less with Apache or .htaccess files.
See for yourself: http://168.103.47.57:8000/
Icecast correctly lists the content-type (aka mime-type) for your stream.

Your issues are 99% purely client side issues.
e.g. lack of support for mp3 playback in html5 by many browsers (I'd
provide also a opus or vorbis stream to widen support).
Or crossdomain policies getting in the way (see links and discussion in
this thread).

Cheers

Thomas