[Icecast-dev] .htaccess or what to name, and where to put the mime types files

Scott Winterstein scottsdeskcpu at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 21 20:58:08 PDT 2013

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 7:33 PM, "Thomas B. Rücker" <thomas at ruecker.fi> wrote:
> On 10/21/2013 04:27 PM, Yaniv Sharon wrote:
>> Hi Thomas,
>>
>> So you can tell where to locate the files " mime.types " and "
>> crossdomain.xml " for the icecast-2.3.99.3 [win32] ?
>
> My initial answer remains valid when it comes to crossdomain.xml:
>
>>> The cross domain policy file needs to be individually tailored anyway.
>>> There are plenty of resources on that topic.
>>> The file is then placed in the Icecast web root.
>
> The webroot by default is in "share\icecast\web" on a windows build.
>

> Also I've done a quick sanity check on the win32 build and do not see
> yet why a mime.types file would be strictly necessary. Why do you think
> it is necessary? Is there some problem you are experiencing?
>

> TBR
>
>> Thnx!

Thomas

I would like to ask a few questions about this and learn a few things
on mimetypes and Apache Server setups running Icecast streams. Is the
mime types for the .htacess file located in the root directory of your
hosting site for your webpage? or is the .htacess able to be placed in
the actual folder hosting the page running a player of a Icecast
stream?

I have a few instances of players

http://dlradio.org

a template I found that uses a java flash player

http://dlradio.org/scottsdesk.net_hosted_webs/dlradio.org/index-tim-html5.html

a html5 player with java that uses a java flash player fallback.

http://dlradio.org/scottsdesk.net_hosted_webs/dlradio.org/index-tim-javaflash.html

a java flash player..

My only issues ran into are some not able to play the stream
in my custom players, however the direct link works. This makes me think its a
issue with mimetypes.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Scott Winterstein

EMAIL: scottsdeskcpu at yahoo.com

PHONE: +49 0151 279 11519 Calls from USA +49 151 279 11519
PHONE: +49 0176 399 22778 Calls from USA +49 176 399 22778
HOME PHONE: +49 069 956 47177 Calls from USA +49 69 956 47177

WEBSITE: http://www.scottsdesk.net
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/scottsdesk
DEVELOPMENT: http://www.dlradio.org