[Icecast-dev] Android App for Icecast Administration

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas.ruecker at tieto.com
Mon Oct 7 03:16:40 PDT 2013

On 07/10/13 12:41, Daniel James wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
>> In addition to that you can extract additional mount point related
>> information (also in XML format!) from other virtual files in /admin/ as
>> mentioned in the documentation.
> I had a look at
> http://www.icecast.org/docs/icecast-2.3.3/icecast2_stats.html - is it
> possible to get the aggregate time of listener connections from the
> admin interface, or only by parsing the connection log?

As this is historical data I don't see any reason why you'd try to get
this through the web interface. Chances are, that there you'd miss out
on some seconds or even miss whole connections if they fall in between
polling intervals.
Also the playlist logging might be interesting in that context as it
will contain metadata, which some agencies seem to require.

> This aggregate 'tuning' time is required for music royalty calculations
> in some countries. Another useful thing to know is the geolocation of
> each listener, as not all countries are members of the IFPI reciprocal
> scheme for webcasters.

But that's surely something that's done on some time interval basis?
monthly, quarterly or yearly?
So why would you want to parse this out of the web interface?

Cheers

Thomas