[Icecast-dev] Streaming AAC with libshout?

marcin at saepia.net marcin at saepia.net
Tue Jun 25 05:16:23 PDT 2013

"AAC is added as a supported streaming format

Not too many source clients support streaming in this format, but we
support it."

Source: www.icecast.org, chapter Icecast Release 2.2.0.

Even if it is very limited support compared to MP3 or Vorbis, it is still
better than nothing. The reason to use libshout instead of raw sockets is
DRY. Moreover, adding such functionality to libshout can easily lead to
embedding it in GStreamer's shout2send which is much easier process than
introducing whole new element into GStreamer.

I can initially declare will to take care of libshout and adding AAC
support but I will confirm this in July.

Marcin