[Icecast-dev] Streaming AAC with libshout?

Romain Beauxis toots at rastageeks.org
Mon Jun 24 07:59:11 PDT 2013

The open source fdk-aac encoder, available there:
  https://github.com/mstorsjo/fdk-aac
offers pretty good quality.

As for libshout, I do not think that it is currently posible to send
AAC data using it. First, libshout doesn't have support to buffer and
control timing of data sent. And even is you use the un-timed API
(shout_send_raw), the library cannot set the proper mime type, due to
a limited list of possible values.

Romain