[Icecast-dev] Installing Airtime on ubuntu Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS

Marc marc at let.de
Tue Apr 2 03:47:12 PDT 2013

On 04/02/2013 11:25 AM, Daniel James wrote:
> Hi Thomas, hi Marc,
>
>>> http://pastebin.com/6MNEi8zF

> Airtime depends on UTF-8 support for international metadata. So we
> check to make sure it is available at install time.
>
>> It tells you what the problem is actually and how to solve it.
>> Your system locale is not likely not UTF8.
>
> In this case LANG is set, but the system does not seem to know what
> its default locale is.
>
> Marc, what does the file /etc/default/locale contain, if anything?
>
>> You should be able to use 'en_US.UTF-8', but also 'de_DE.UTF-8'
>> if you prefer German command line output where possible.
>
> On Ubuntu, running the command:
>
> sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales
>
> should be enough to put things right.
>
> I'd be interested to know how the locale got into this state. Was
> it a minimal server install? If so, do you perhaps not have the
> 'locales' package installed?
>
> The 'locales' package is an explicit dependency of our
> airtime-easy-setup package but not a dependency of the airtime
> package, which I will fix.

Thanks for you reply daniel and thomas, yes i was a bit confused also,
because its a standard virtualised (parallels ) ubuntu on the server
side, which could have of course limitations,

Linux let.de 2.6.18-028stab092.1 #1 SMP Wed Jul 20 19:47:12 MSD 2011
x86_64 GNU/Linux Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS

but that the same happens on my .local machine , ubuntu 12.1 made me
wonder. I was talking with the support (hosteurope ) and they told me
that they will respond on my ticket in the next days, i will try the
command you recommended and wait what they will reply to solve the
problem.

~# sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
	LANGUAGE = (unset),
	LC_ALL = (unset),
	LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or
directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
root at mail:~#

the file at   /etc/default/locale  exsist but its empty.

I will keep you updated "offlist"

thanks and have a nice week

Marc

- --