[Icecast-dev] Help

Rücker Thomas thomas.ruecker at tieto.com
Tue Sep 25 06:20:56 PDT 2012

Hi,

On 25/09/12 15:46, renato fringuello wrote:
> Can you tell me how often is yp.xml updated?

Currently the XML is updated roughly every 10 minutes. (which could
change at any time really)
Please notice though that polling every 10 minutes is NOT OK!
I see some incredibly inefficient software being responsible for the
majority of the load on the server. (Think thousands of users and
multiple requests per client - adds up to a LOT.)

So please be sensible. Don't auto-update the list constantly - it
doesn't change much anyway.
e.g. reload only if the user requests an update.

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers

Thomas