[Icecast-dev] /* Check for midi header in logical stream */

Marc marc at let.de
Sat Jun 23 13:22:07 PDT 2012

2012/6/23 Geoff Shang <geoff at quitelikely.com>:

> There is definitely a spec for doing this: http://wiki.xiph.org/OggMIDI
>
> Granted, this spec is 11 years old, so may not reflect any changes in
> thinking re ogg mappings, etc that have occured since then, but it looks
> pretty thought out.

Interesting Geoff.,  thats exactly what i was trying to achieve ;)

"a synchronized midi+vorbis stream where vorbis plays audio and MIDI
controls some external device (synthesizer, digital piano, lights, etc)."

http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/vorbis-dev/2001-August/004501.html

> I do also recall some software being written a long time back, like 2000 or
> 2001, for doing this sort of thing.  I think it was written for a specific
> project (maybe control of lighting via MIDI?).  I think it was tucked away
> in the Xiph repository somewhere.

You  remember rocketnetwork ?

http://www.1000tracks.ru/remembering-rocket-network/?lang=en

cheers