[Icecast-dev] /* Check for midi header in logical stream */

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Sat Jun 23 12:57:09 PDT 2012

On Sat, 23 Jun 2012, Rücker Thomas wrote:

> c) I'm not aware of any currently existing software that would mux
> vorbis and midi in an ogg container.
> d) neither am I aware of software that can demux and use vorbis and midi.
> (I'm not saying c/d does not exist, but I haven't heard of it)

There is definitely a spec for doing this: http://wiki.xiph.org/OggMIDI

Granted, this spec is 11 years old, so may not reflect any changes in
thinking re ogg mappings, etc that have occured since then, but it looks
pretty thought out.

I do also recall some software being written a long time back, like 2000
or 2001, for doing this sort of thing.  I think it was written for a
specific project (maybe control of lighting via MIDI?).  I think it was
tucked away in the Xiph repository somewhere.

Geoff.