[Icecast-dev] make giss.tv as slave

Facundo Suárez suarez.jf at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 07:24:14 PDT 2011

Hi all there.

I am trying to set up an icecast2 server (wich is already running) to
send some stream mount point to another server. I mean, my server is
streaming at /radio1.mp3 mount point. We can listen it at
http://myserver:8000/radio1.mp3; so, i want to know if is there any
way to "clone" that strem and send it to another server, such as
http://giss.tv:8000/radio1.mp3

I have been thinking about just use darkice to send some recivied
stream to many other servers, but i thought that icecast may have the
posibility to set up an "repeater" or whatever.

Need some config in xml, just like:

   <relay>
       <server>192.168.1.11</server>
       <port>8001</port>
       <mount>/example.ogg</mount>
       <local-mount>/different.ogg</local-mount>
       <relay-shoutcast-metadata>0</relay-shoutcast-metadata>
   </relay>

but not for being a slave relay. Need to send to any other server (not
mine, can't configure, just have an account, mount pont, user, pass)
one of the streams in mine.

Is this possible ?

Just to be more specific:

did you know, using darkice you can configure too many stream servers
we can send our "radio signal" (for example), well, i wonder if we can
make the same with icecast2. Darkice stream to any server
just knowing user, pass, mount. I need to do the same, but with the
streams on MY server. May be any other aplication do the trick.

Thanks!

--
Facundo Suarez
Neuquen - Capital

()  ascii ribbon campaign - contra el coreo html
/\  www.asciiribbon.org   - contra adjuntos propietarios