[Icecast-dev] issue with fileserve in KH branch

Johann Soukup jsoukup at netlantic.de
Mon Nov 8 03:13:20 PST 2010

Hello together

after trying to deploy one of the latest version out of the KH branch to
our servers we ran into an issue with streaming of ondemand files.

After deploying 2.3.2-kh27.1 and also trying 2.3.2-kh24 and 2.3.2-kh22
we see that if we try to stream an ondemand file through the fileserv
option we get the ondemand file play back correctly and also see the
appropriate file length in the player (WinAmp). if we seek in the file
(jump to a later position in the file) the correct time code is sent to
the server and also displayed in the client (WinAmp) but the stream
always plays back from the beginning of the file.

The seeking and forwarding works correctly in the official version 2.3.2
of the Icecast server.

I have not tried earlier versions than 2.3.2-kh22 and haven't found
anything in the changelogs regarding the fileserv option. It also seems
that the code of fserve.c has not been changed since the version 2.3.2.

Regards and Cheers

- Johann