[Icecast-dev] too many wakeups/sec?

Jussi Kukkonen jku at goto.fi
Thu Oct 22 00:46:43 PDT 2009

Karl asked me to test with his kh17 branch and I did.

It looks like this is the first time there is a difference between not
doing anything and actually streaming (this could be a result of my
very non-scientific testing but the numbers looked fairly constant).

version     wakeups/s when       wakeups/s with
           idle (no mounts)     1 mount, 1 stream
2.3.2       44                   44
trunk       13                   13
kh17         4                   10

This is a lot better for my use case case (mostly idle). Even the
difference when streaming looks significant: the number of wakeups
stays fairly stable over time so the 13 vs 10 difference should be a
statistically significant one.

- Jussi