[Icecast-dev] checkpoint into Ices2

Rebeli-Szabo Tamas rt490 at hszk.bme.hu
Thu Nov 29 04:32:27 PST 2007

Hello,

I'd like to extend Ices2 in order to make it capable of managing
checkpoints.

My assignment is to write a high-availability streaming server using
OpenAIS. I decided to use Icecast and Ices.

Ices should periodically save relevant information to a checkpoint, so
that when it crashes and then restarts, it can continue to provide the
stream from the point it left off, based on the information in the
checkpoint.

I am, however, not sure what information I have to put into the
checkpoint and which source files should I modify to do so, as there a
more than a dozen of them.

I would highly appreciate some help.

Thank you in advance,

tom