[Icecast-dev] Re: [Playlist] Re: [Icecast] How's XSPF support on Icecast if any?

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 16:11:03 PDT 2007

On 7/18/07, Thomas B. Ruecker <ruecker at ruecker-itk.de> wrote:
> Does XSPF have a logo we could use as a button? (I'm not referring to the
> valid-xspf thing)

Well, I created a logo last year, but the community voting wasn't
favorable, so it has never become official.  If you would like to use
it, however, it's available under the Public Domain, so go for it.

> I'm a bit puzzled why Totem doesn't like this one from my server at the
> moment...

I believe Totem cannot parse XSPF currently, though I'm not sure.  Try with VLC.

Currently, neither Kaffeine nor XMMS can deal with XSPF either.

Amarok can, but badly.  I'm annoying them to no end in their bug
tracker, especially because they don't care to make XSPF work.  So
much for free software.  Free software has no point wthout free
formats, but hey, what do I know?

Enough ranting.  Congrats for a great job, Thomas.  And Karl, too.

-Ivo