[Icecast-dev] mp3 stream instead of "icecast-auth-user: 0"

Klauss Fumuldavijus dnr at freemail.lt
Wed Sep 20 02:44:54 PDT 2006

>> <?php
>> header('Content-Type: audio/mpeg');
>> readfile('error.mp3');
>> ?>
>> i've tried to send back the file in icecast-auth-message, but it was a
>> stupid idea....
>
> A mechanism to pass back a filename is certainly possible, I doubt that
> you want the auth server to send the file contents. Report it on
> bugs.xiph.org

actually i do, unless there are other ways to communicate with
authentication server and mp3 palyer on the listener side. If we are talking
about wmplayer or winamp - none of them displays icecast-auth-message if
icecast-auth-user: 0. In this case sending back an mp3 file contents is the
only way to respond with some details instead of login-screen prompt.
So, can you please give some more details on file-passing-back mechanism?

and some specification about that "bug" - i mentioned i've tried to send
back file content's in auth-message, but forgot to mention icecast server
dropped mp3 content, so currently there is nothing to report on
bugs.xiph.org.