[Icecast-dev] relationship kh-branch and icecast-trunk

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Mon Sep 5 15:56:15 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-05 at 22:57, Klaas Jan Wierenga wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm thinking about using the kh-branch because I would really like to use
> the slave_redirect feature in the kh branch for load-balancing. I read this
> feature won't make it into the 2.3 release, but is it likely to end up in
> the 2.4 release. In other words: if I decide to use the kh-branch now, is a
> smooth migration back to the icecast-2.4 release likely once that becomes
> available?

The mechanism was really a simple test mechanism that works reasonably
well but needs some more work before going into trunk. Whether any
config changes would need to be done has certainly not been decided, and
may depend on other factors, like whether the authentication mechanism
will be extended to include this.  What is likely is that whatever the
mechanism, it will be best to have both the master and slave(s) at the
same version.

I should imagine what I have now will stay but there may be extra
settings needed in later versions.

karl.