[Icecast-dev] keep a mount point

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Thu May 12 07:28:43 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 14:22, Glocus wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to create a international web radio. I have a lot of source
> around the world and I want to have only one mount point. My sources
> will change according a planning. For example, source A works between
> 9h-10h and source B between 10h and 11h.
>
> My question is : how to make it without disconnect clients ? How can I
> keep my mount point during the sources switching ?

keeping clients connected is easy enough with either fallback mounts or
moving clients via the admin interface.   The question is how do you
want to deal with the transition.

An initial solution is to have an external mountpoint say /live and have
that as a local relay of some other stream say /backup (which plays
something when no one is connected), then each source gets its own
mountpoint where each one fallback overrides /backup.

All but the /live mountpoint should be hidden and have no-yp set so that
only the live stream will show on YP/status pages.

karl.