[Icecast-dev] Ogg Vorbis Streams - song or track metadata for client?

Simon Liu macdeveloper at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 00:56:31 PST 2005

Hi,

I am writing client software to connect to Ogg streams.  I believe
Icecast supports sending track information for Mp3 streams, via
icy-metadata / metaint.

- For MP3 streams, does Icecast also support sending track information
'out-of band' on another port?

- For Ogg Vorbis streams, how is song/track information sent and
updated to the client?  How do I parse this information?

Would appreciate if you could point me to some documentation, or
example code for clients.  Thanks.

---
Regards,
Simon