[Icecast-dev] Libshout and reencoding
oddsock at oddsock.org
Fri Mar 18 06:39:56 PST 2005
At 02:52 AM 3/18/2005, Torkel Holm wrote:
>I am working on bindings for Common Lisp.
>It works great. But I miss support for reencoding.
>Do you have any plans to support reencoding in the future?
as far as I know, we currently have no plans for adding encoding abilities
into libshout. It's actually quite a bit of work to do, however I would
love for someone to take this one on. Libshout is quite useful, but it's
usefulness falls a bit short for many source clients that need to
reencode. Factoring out this (encoding) into a library like libshout makes
the development of a source client a trivial task if you ask me.
Here are some requirements that I would want :
- support for the following encoding types
Vorbis : via libogg/libvorbis
Speex : via libspeex
AAC : via libfaac
MP3 : via libmp3lame
- win32 AND linux support (this is a must)
- conditional inclusion of all the encoding types
- resampling logic as well as stereo->mono mono->stereo conversion
- thread-safe so it can be used by the same application to handle multiple
types of numbers of encoders.
any takers ?
>Torkel Holm, Bergen, Norway
>Icecast-dev mailing list
>Icecast-dev at xiph.org
More information about the Icecast-dev