[Icecast-dev] RFC on this idea...

Dale Ghent daleg at elemental.org
Sun Sep 19 23:23:26 PDT 2004

I mentioned I was hacking on icecast2 stats, and one of the additional
things I'm thinking on implementing is per-mount authenticated stats.

See, as it is now, one needs the global server admin password to access
and manage their mountpoints. So if you're in a situation where you
have multiple customers with their own mount, giving them all the one
admin access would be quite dubious in terms of security.

So I'm thinking this... a customer can access their stats by going to a
URL such as http://server.com:8000/mountname/admin where they are then
prompted for either their source login password or their own admin
password (what would be best?) and be able to list clients and kill
them, and whatever sundry administrivia may be available in the future.

Thoughts?

maybe it should be like http://server.com:8000/admin/mountname ?

/dale