[Icecast-dev] MySQL auth

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Fri Oct 22 08:17:29 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 15:37, Mike Whitaker wrote:
> Before I gird my loins and consider getting my fingers very dirty; in
> the interests of not reinventing the wheel...
>
> Is anyone working on a set of auth_mysql_*() routines to match the
> auth_htpasswd_*() ones in auth.c?

The key element with these is to avoid long blocking times, something
that can be reasonable to assume with local files (as is the current
implementation). When dealing with auth that could take some time then
you need to have some thread handler.

I have started an implementation in the kh branch, so that libcurl could
be used for listener auth, so can shell commands, but neither have been
used in anger yet. I am wanting to change the thread mechanism in kh57
as busy mounts could be a problem in certain error cases, but in theory
a mysql module could follow a similar approach.

karl.