[Icecast-dev] metadata sent from windows based system

Nagy Gergely - Kék Duna Rádió nagyger at kekduna.hu
Wed Oct 6 01:31:29 PDT 2004

Hello Everybody,

We develop a Windows based radio broadcast system for professional
radios and we would like to implant an interface in this system to make
it able to automatically update metadata of an OGG (!) stream (recorded
from the radio) sent to an Icecast 2.0.2 server.
We read about the

curl --user admin:hackme 'http://ourseverIP:8000/admin/metadata?mount=/ourstream.ogg&mode=updinfo&song=ourArtist_name+Title'

What do you suggest for a method for updating metadata if we want to
update it from a Windows based program (which would send information
from our system to the listener's winamp/xmms/etc. about the actually
played song).
Should we use curl? I don't know if it is allowed to implant curl to our
prog (or?), or is there an other solution for Windows based progs to
send metadata to icecast202 with ogg stream...?
Is there a suggested solution for our problem?
Thanx:
Gergely Nagy

PS: Hello Karl, does this update also work for kh48? We could not update
metadata on kh48 with enabled "vorbis-updates" :