[Icecast-dev] osx and icecast

brian lorraine nastyjackhb at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 10:30:19 PST 2004

Actually, it turns out that a shoutcast server will not accept an IceS
stream. I had to go digging for 3rd party products.

I found a great one called NiceCast... which is basically just Icecast
that was modified for OSX. It's a very thorough program that acts as
both a server and a client to broadcast to a server... supports
shoutcast, icecast, and live365.

When I get some time, I'd like to brush up on my C skills which I
haven't used in forever (I'm a VB/perl programmer) and take the
Icecast sourcecode and make my own 3rd party product.

Question for you guys. Do you guys think there is much of a market out
there for C programmers that specialize in streaming mp3 audio?

I graduated with a degree in IFSM and I hate what I do, but I think
that';s because I just whip out reports for management. That's about
all my degree is good for. If I could get back into something audio
related such as streaming mp3's.. I think I could be happy once again
as a programmer. I think I just made the mistake halfway through
college... switching from Comp Sci/C to IFSM/VB.

->Brian Lorraine
nastyjackhb at gmail.com