[Icecast-dev] Re: [Icecast] Multi-Level Fallbacks
karl at xiph.org
Sat Nov 6 11:06:43 PST 2004
On Sat, 2004-11-06 at 17:57, mark burdett wrote:
> I was wondering what if any are the differences between the kh branch
> and 2.1?
If you are asking about fallbacks specifically then there isn't any
difference. There are still differences wrt other aspects of icecast
that could be merged, each bit varies in the state of completeness.
Fairly big updates, mostly if not all done
- on-demand relays
- authenticated listeners using external url/command line
These are big changes, and work as they are now but may need further
work before merging.
- multi ogg codec streaming (incl theora with keyframe start)
- vorbis url updates/rewriting
- redirect new listeners to authenticated slaves
the following should be relatively easy to add, if wanted
- relays requiring auth
- stats handling of hidden mounts
- fork programs on source start/stop
the following have initial ideas, but no work as of yet
- intro file, fallback to file
More information about the Icecast-dev