[Icecast-dev] Relay authentication on kh-57

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Mon Nov 1 19:48:15 PST 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 17:13, Mike Whitaker wrote:
> Is something broken here?
>
> I'm trying to do a test of relaying between two servers running kh-57.

just a side note, kh58 is up now.

> Master-slave relaying fails: the connection fails on the master with:
> [2004-11-01  17:05:32] DBUG admin/admin_handle_request Got command
> (streamlist.txt)
> [2004-11-01  17:05:32] INFO admin/admin_handle_request Bad or missing
> password on admin command request (command: streamlist.txt)

make sure the <master-username> and <master-password> in the slave
matches the <relay-user> and <relay-password> in the master

> If I switch to per stream relaying, it fails for a different reason,
> namely that the master stream (/live) has been set to require
> authentication (via auth_url.c), and the slave appears not to know how
> to supply this.

Explicitly defined relays in the slave don't issue user/pass auth by
default (unless <master-relay-auth> is set). You can define <username>
and <password> in <relay> if you want those to be passed.

You can still pass the user/pass that the master server knows as the
relay user/pass even if the auth_url knows nothing about it. Using
normal listener usernames is fine and are subject to the usual limits
however using the the relay user/pass means that you will be allowed ro
connect no matter what the listener count is (assuming the stream is
active).

karl.