[icecast-dev] Can't listen to a stream from icecast-kh

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Thu May 27 12:20:38 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 19:09, Iceuse - Kris wrote:
> Yes, but I'm also unable to read that stream from VLC on OS X and Windows
> Whamb works on OS X, QCD works on windows.
>
> If it is confirmed that VLC is not working with that header, then we may
> ask VLC team to handle that header ?

if you can verify whether changing the stated line resolves the issue
then we'll know the cause.

> I downloaded the latest Realplayer, but I'm unable to play my stream...
> is it really possible?

not if the stream is Ogg I guess, but from my limited testing,
realplayer was having trouble without the ICY header.

> or perhaps it is only for mp3? in that case why not to send that header
> ICY  only for mp3? Is there some other reasons?

that is certainly possible, we don't want to have many special cases but
using ICY for mp3 only would not resolve the wget issue.

karl.