[icecast-dev] Can't listen to a stream from icecast-kh

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Wed May 26 15:30:20 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 23:15, Iceuse - Kris wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have some troubles with the latest icecast kh. I'm not sure it an
> icecast problem, but I have no idea...
> Does someone have an idea about that problem?
>
> The thing is that icecast is running on a uml linux. But this worked
> some weeks ago, then I come back to it, and I can't get it work again...

This is from something I tried a while ago, but haven't had much
feedback yet to decide one way or another, the current code sends ICY
200 OK instead of the equivalent HTTP header, something that realplayer
may have trouble with.  The flip side is wget returns what you are
seeing.

Try using curl instead of wget or modify format.c:124

bytes = snprintf (ptr, remaining, "ICY 200 OK\r\nContent-Type: %s\r\n",

bytes = snprintf (ptr, remaining, "HTTP/1.0 200 OK\r\nContent-Type:
%s\r\n",