[icecast-dev] mountpoint fallback support

Melanie melanie at t-data.com
Thu Mar 18 14:05:34 PST 2004

Hi,

I don't see a need to reload the XML file. You can have one that defines
all possible mountpoints at once loaded at all times.

Mea culpa, I still haven't finished the docs. Fallbacks can be chained and
Icecast will walk the chain and collect fallback listeners.

So, you can define it like this:

Master mountpoint, fallback is slave 1

Slace 1, fallback is slave 2

etc...

Any higher mountpoint will preempt all lower ones. Listeners will always
connect to the master mountpoint, which is the only one publicly known.

Melanie