[icecast-dev] mountpoint fallback support

Gnosis junk at htxml.com
Thu Mar 18 13:00:41 PST 2004

I just was looking at the CVS nightly build of the icecast2\src\source.c and see that the mountpoint fallback is now implemented (compared to the 2.0.0 release's source.c)

I was hoping to use this feature to support a multi-home radio station that has a master mountpoint stream and offsite "guest" mountpoints.  These guest mountpoints would attach on a scheduled based and, theoretically, the main mountpoint would stop broadcasting so the guest mountpoint would take over.  Then, when the main mountpoint would want to regain control, start it's stream back up and a switchover from the fallover to the main mountpoint would occur.

Would this work?  If not, would it be hard to change the code to do this?  I figure the hard part would be to dynamically load different XML config files for changing the guest mountpoints.