[icecast-dev] vorbis streaming internals

Daniel Holth dholth at fastmail.fm
Fri Jan 16 23:06:34 PST 2004

hi.

I'm looking at the source and I'm trying to figure out how the
ogg/vorbis streaming works, specifically the decoding parameters that
have to be transmitted to the clients separately from the compressed
audio data.

If I saved two megabytes of an icecast stream with wget, then cut it in
half, could I play it with ogg123 if I knew where to cut?

thanks,

daniel