[icecast-dev] No source buffering

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Thu Feb 19 16:36:49 PST 2004

On Friday 20 February 2004 10:09, Renaud Waldura wrote:
> My email has gone without an answer. Is it because:

Sorry, I was going to respond to this, but I've been busy and it got dropped
to the bottom of a long list of things to do.

Yes, there's no source buffering. The design is such that it shouldn't be
required. Icecast just sends incoming data on to the clients as fast as it
recieves it - this works fine, so long as the eventual/final client has some
buffering (they all do).

A relay won't get dropped unless it's a long way behind - because on the
sending side, there IS buffering.

Mike