[icecast-dev] No source buffering

Ricardo Galli gallir at uib.es
Thu Feb 19 15:42:51 PST 2004

On Friday 20 February 2004 00:09, Renaud Waldura shaped the electrons to
shout:
> 1- this is such a stoopid question I should be ashamed of myself --
> RTFM
>
> 2- this is a well-known issue that everybody's aware of, it doesn't
> need further discussion thank you, as it is actively being worked on
>
> 3- it is meant to be that way and will not change.

No, if you search old archives (almost two years ago,
http://breu.bulma.net/?l2480) you will see I've sent patches for server
buffering (fast start) and other things that were never included.

You can check the difference with http://mcrg.uib.es:8000/live.ogg which
run my code realiable for more than a year now.

The server also had a remote DoS bug, I sent the patch also and it was not
included, I did not receive any answer neither, so I just stopped.

--
  ricardo galli       GPG id C8114D34
  http://mnm.uib.es/~gallir/