[icecast-dev] official communication protocol definition / documentation?

Enrico Minack enrico.minack at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Sat Feb 7 23:19:51 PST 2004

Hello,

I am looking for a documentation of the communication protocolls icecast is
capable of: ICY, XAUDIOCAST and a modified HTTP. In order to write client
software being capable of all available features I was searching on the net
for those documentations but no luck so far. How come? Isn't this protocoll
documented? How does the developer team know what options and functins are
available in the protocoll? Just by the already written code?

I'd appreciate some hints,
regards,
Enrico M.