[icecast-dev] Icecast2 Web Admin Interface

Thomas B. Ruecker, DM8TBR dm8tbr at afthd.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Feb 2 04:23:30 PST 2004

Hi Gilles,

> Well, it's not my native language so I'm not pretty sure of my english. :)
My neither. Hey this is a multinational community. ;)

> Did somebody try the xsls ?
yup.
Tried your xlst-files for the stats. Noticed some improved look of the GUI. Did not try the admin xlst's coz I didn't want to mess up my productive system by some silly mistake. ;)

Now looking at the xml-code I notice you made many nice changes besides the layout. - nice work! Major rewrite of the whole xslt?

Some time ago I did some minor changes to my xslt-files too:
1. If a source is not available the name is not shown in the output.
        I changed that to be visible.
        In your status.xsl this would be in line 88 starting from char 40:
                Insert: '<xsl:value-of select="@mount" /> - '

2. I found it to be useful to see the connection count for every mountpoint.
        I inserted that after the <xsl:if test="listeners">...</xsl:if> block:
        <xsl:if test="connections">
        <b><xsl:value-of select="connections" /></b>
        </xsl:if>

3. I like self refreshing stats pages:
        This change is also added to all my admin xslt's.
        Referring to your xslt this would be inserted after line 17:
        '<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="60" />'

4. Just for fun I extended the First line of Output "Icecast 2 Status" by
        " for $linkToMyRadioHomepage"

regards

Thomas