[Icecast-dev] Speex support?

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Mon Dec 27 07:13:11 PST 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-27 at 15:03, Robby Dermody wrote:
> According to:
> http://www.speex.org/projects.html
>
> in the Player Plugins and Code Examples section, there are some
> libraries that allow media player, XMMS, etc to play speex.
> However I'm not sure if the format that they expect is the same format
> that icecast with Karl's modifications is currently producing.

what it sends is what comes in (no rebuilding of the stream), taking
into account the header pages, so that side is not really an issue.

The plugins for the likes of xmms may be limited (although I haven't
tried yet) as some players require specific handling for streams from
the LAN as opposed to files.

karl.