[Icecast-dev] metadata update - possible to send adminpass

oddsock oddsock
Mon Aug 2 09:06:23 PDT 2004

in update string?

At 10:43 AM 8/2/2004, you wrote:

>icecast2 uses http auth so you should be able to use
>
>http://user:pass@host:8000/admin/....
it is interesting to note that IE6 has patched their current release to not
support URLs of the http://user:pass@host/ variety...It still responds
properly to the HTTP AUTHORIZED response by popping a user/password window,
but you can no longer bypass that via the user:pass at host syntax in the URL
field.  I'm not entirely sure why this was a security issue that they
needed to address, but hey, who am I to question Microsoft... ;)

oddsock