[Icecast-dev] metadata update - possible to send adminpass in

Nagy Gergely - Kék Duna Rádió nagyger
Mon Aug 2 05:25:59 PDT 2004

update string?

Hello everybody, hello Karl!

Sorry for my horrible English. I'm a newbie in icecast2.
I would like to use the
/admin/metadata?mount=/mymount.ogg&mode=updinfo&song=New%20Title
string to update metadata with -kh48 (to update metadata with ogg stream
:) ) but I couldn't find how to insert admin username and admin password
into this string.

Is it possible to send admin username and admin password with this string
(LIKE it is used with shoutcast servers:
http://...:8000/admin.cgi?pass=herecomespassword&mode=updinfo&song=newtitle )

Could you please help me what kind of modificated string do I have to use to
send metadata "by one click"? Could you please tell me an example of it?

Greetings:
Gergely Nagy