[icecast-dev] icecast2 ogg vorbis client request headers

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Sun Apr 4 17:44:21 PDT 2004

On Saturday 03 April 2004 04:29, Likai Liu wrote:
> cyrus-sasl can handle this, but I'm not sure if people like to figure out
> how to configure cyrus-sasl. what about just a local script that
> decides the authentication outcome, and such a program can connect to
> another URL, or do sasl lookup, etc.
>
> furthermore, I think it makes sense to also pass on the IP address of the
> client.
>
> the "ice-auth script" would take several arguments (tentatively).

The plan (my plan, anyway) is to provide something like that. It might even
provide full HTTP request headers - or have more than one mode, maybe - a
simple mode that just provides username/password, and a complex one that
provides the full headers for more complex scripts to handle as they wish.

The data will probably be passed on stdin rather than on the command line, as
passing passwords on the command line is generally not considered a very good
idea.

Mike