[icecast-dev] Icecast 1.3.12 hangs: Problems with a big number of sources?

levi at gmx.at levi at gmx.at
Thu Sep 11 09:12:14 PDT 2003

Hi!

I work for the University of Dortmund in germany where we use icecast
as a server for DGPS data (see http://igs.ifag.de/index_ntrip.htm for
more information).
We took icecast version 1.3.12 and adapted it to our needs:

- low data rates of 50 and 500 bytes/sec
- up to 150 source streams
- no meta data

Our operating system is Red Hat Linux 8.0.

Under these circumstances and after variable periods of time our
icecast server hangs.
At present we suppose that it is the call of "close_connection" at
the end of function "source_func" that locks the "double_mutex"
and the "source_mutex" and causes this problem.
Maybe there is a problem with the big number of source streams?
For hints on known bugs or any ideas we would be thankful.

Alexander Daxenberger