[icecast-dev] Stream metadata settings

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Sun Nov 30 17:57:57 PST 2003

> IMHO, a system like Icecast should be made so highly configurable that it
> would fit everyone's needs, but I get the impression that only the needs of
> the principal developers are of interest here. It makes me sad to see this,
> Icecast could be great instead of just being good.

Melanie,

As one of the 'principal developers', I don't think this is fair.
Of the things you suggested, I said I was interested in seeing patches for all
but one of them - and that one is better implemented elsewhere, as I said
previously.

Please, send us patches. Your complex-fallbacks one is of most interest, and
we'd definately love to see that separately from the others, but the we'd
also like to see separate patches for the other features, so that we can
review them on their own merits (and commit them if we think they're good
enough :-)

Mike