[icecast-dev] Stream metadata settings

Melanie melanie at t-data.com
Sun Nov 30 15:02:54 PST 2003

Well, are you in Germany, streaming through a server located on German
soil? If you can answer these two question with "yes", then the remainder
of the paragraph is valid.
It's not our objective to subvert the copyright/IP rights of artists or
composers. We're doing thins the proper way for our country and need
Icecast to support that.

Wenn, thankfully I don't have a need to have these things adopted into
icecast, I have them working on my server and if there is such widespread
disagreement with what I've done, I'll just keep it as a private patch
forever.

IMHO, a system like Icecast should be made so highly configurable that it
would fit everyone's needs, but I get the impression that only the needs of
the principal developers are of interest here. It makes me sad to see this,
Icecast could be great instead of just being good.

Melanie