[icecast-dev] Hot Topic: Icecast in Macromedia Flash

Macsym macsym69 at yahoo.fr
Fri Nov 28 18:42:33 PST 2003

Hi Moritz,

I didn't know so many people in the Icecast-Dev list were running Linux PPC!

Anyway, I understand that you guys don't have the time to help me with that
because you wouldn't be able to run the flash player anyway! Because of
that, I think I will send the topic to the regular Icecast mailing list
(where I might find more people running Linux, Mac OS or Windows).

There are still some kinds of information I can only get from the dev list:

-Does anybody know where I can find a document that explains the changes in
the core architecture between Icecast1 and Icecast2 (Flash was working with
Icecast1)?

-Does Icecast need to receive some kinds of headers from the player before
sending the stream? If yes, what are these headers?

-Can somebody translate me this access log line:
192.168.0.3 - - [27/Nov/2003:04:42:58 Romance Standard Time] "GET /mystream
HTTP/1.1" 200 328981 "(null)" "-" 13712464

What is "200 328981", "(null)" and "-"?

Thanks in advance,

MAX