[icecast-dev] Icecast source number problem, ices frozen after reconnect attemps failure (icecastkh13 iceskh48)

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Wed Nov 26 11:44:56 PST 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 17:33, Melanie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2003.11.26 15:42 Karl Heyes wrote:
> > The reconnectattempts value is from the CVS code, and can be a bit awkward
> > in general.
> >
> > ices can have multiple instances and in these mods can have multiple shout
> > connections per instance.  I don't think terminating ices for just one
> > shout
> > connection is acceptable, I'm more inclined to drop the reconnectattempts
> > completely and treating it as indefinite. Use a value of -1 now for the
> > same
> > effect.
>
> That would be a showstopper for me. I _need_ ices to terminate if it cannot
> connect successfully. This ought to be an option, IMHO.

That would sound like a poor solution, a connection to one of the
servers could die for various reasons, killing all connections would
seem an extreme action.

If you're thinking of notification then that could be achieved without
shutting down ices. What sort of thing would you _need_ to do after ices
shut down?