[icecast-dev] does IceCast & listeners logging

Guillaume Duveau guillaumeduveau at yahoo.fr
Mon Nov 24 08:31:13 PST 2003

Hello,

I'm working on a project of a commercial webradio. I need to register everytime somebody listens to my radio : when the stream
begins, when it ends, the IP.

But in the file access.log, there are many GETs from my listeners, before it streams, during, after, and so on.

ShoutCast does it as I want but I wanna use IceCast in order to stream Ogg Vorbis !

I feel that the logging module in IceCast 2 is not registring the listening cessions, just mixing all types of connections to the
server.

So all the statistics made by the log parsers meens nothing...

I've seen the new version of Webalizer : Streaming Version. Chris, how do you make this : "In streaming mode The Webalizer -
Streaming Version will ignore any non streaming log." ???

Many of you were interested by this, could you please help me and share your developpments ?

Maybe someone has developped a patch for IceCast 2 which can do correct logging...

Thanks !